Sales Development Manager
Working within a dynamic and fast-paced team, you’ll be the first point of contact for clients and responsible for spotting opportunities and expanding our business. You’ll be the ‘face’ and ‘voice’ of our business, involved in every aspect of the sales cycle to achieve outstanding results and enable us to provide exceptional service to our clients.
What’s the opportunity?
You may be someone looking to step up into a challenging new role or you might be an experienced sales individual looking for a role to make their own. Either way, this is a great opportunity for an individual with proven sales experience skills to manage, own, and drive work through the business.
Passion, pace and positivity will play a huge role in your success and there may be opportunity to develop within the role and manage a larger sales team for Send DM. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that you and your team deliver first class direct mail projects for clients alongside targeting new prospects and opportunities.
- You’ll gain an understanding of each clients’ business, challenges and objectives – showing an ability to spot opportunities and build rapport
- Encouraging repeat business and long-term relationships
- You’ll develop new client relationships – from initial enquiries, leads, or targeted outbound activity, identifying and utilising case studies to win new business
- Develop and maintain new business strategies that identify opportunities to deliver value, and identify main stakeholders with assistance from the senior team
- Responsible for identifying and uncovering new opportunities to expand the business relationship between Send DM and our existing clients, through up-sell and cross-sell activity, delivered both personally and through the wider client services team
- Demonstrating an ability to negotiate clear agreements on deadlines, priorities and expectations
- Prepare and follow-up on quotations for client work – proactively encouraging clients to increase their scope where appropriate
- Introduce and proactively sell other services offered by Send DM to clients with a view to growing accounts and winning more business
Who might you be?
- Importantly, you’ll be an entrepreneurial individual who asks the right questions, creates new sales opportunities and broadens our commercial client relationships through upselling and cross selling
- You’ll ooze energy and positivity – with outstanding communication skills and a positive ‘can do’ attitude which means that you see opportunity in every challenge as a result
- You’ll be able to demonstrate success in a commercially focussed/sales driving role
- Ideally, you’ll have experience within the direct mail sector (or another similar field), but if you can demonstrate the personal attributes required to be successful within this role, then we are happy to consider candidates from other backgrounds
- You’ll go above and beyond to deliver an excellent service to clients, always striving to strengthen and improve client relations
- You must hold a full UK driving licence as occasional travel to client sites may be necessary
The starting salary for the role would be circa £45,000 per annum with a guaranteed £5,000 bonus after 12 months of service. From 12 months onwards – £5,000 – £15,000 per annum bonus potential, dependent on performance against mutually agreed targets.
In order to apply, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Apply direct and you’ll receive a £1,000 bonus (simple T’s and C’s apply).